RARE MID-LATE 19TH C ANTIQUE PAINTED CHILD'S CHEST, WithBACKSPLASH & BRASS PULLS
RARE MID-LATE 19TH CENTURY AME RI CAN ANTIQUE FOLK ART CHILD'S PAINTED DIMINUTIVE CHEST OF DRAWERS, W/PERIOD, FLUTED BRASS PULLS/CONTOURED BACK SPLASH &. American painted folk art children's furniture. 19" Height x 14" Width x 8 ½ Depth. Just discovered and pulled out of a South Shore, Massachusetts estate, this absolutely wonderful, painted child's folk art chest of drawers is literally untouched and features original painted dry surfaces in ox blood red paint, with golden yellow decorative single line work around the drawer edges. It's completely handmade and has nailed drawer facia.
The maker used most likely extra fancy molding trim to line the edges of the chest of drawers, giving it a particularly decorative appearance. It also features a round cut-out hole in the backsplash, which may have featured old mirrored'looking glass' and which now has a printed image of a young child with his pet dog. Inside the 3rd drawer it has yellow font stamped in black ink. Total of 8 brass (4) pulls & (4) feet.
All are the same size/with fluted form and naturally aged patina. It still has the original antique printed newspaper illustration cut out ephemera of a girl and a dog used as a photo accent, placed behind the round, cut-out hole in the center of the contoured wood backsplash. Good to Very Good overall antique condition. The item "RARE MID-LATE 19TH C ANTIQUE PAINTED CHILD'S CHEST, WithBACKSPLASH & BRASS PULLS" is in sale since Wednesday, November 13, 2019. This item is in the category "Antiques\Furniture\Chests & Trunks\1800-1899". The seller is "modsanctuary" and is located in Milford, New Hampshire.
This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Region of Origin: America
- Style: Rustic/Primitive (Americana)
- Depth: 8 1/2" in Depth
- Maker: Unknown American cabinet maker
- Sub-Style: American
- Material: Brass
- Width: 14" in Width
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- 4-drawer children's chest: Fluted brass pulls
- Round, cut-out wooden backsplash: Printed ephemera placed in cut-out
- Ox-blood painted body: Thin yellow/gold single line edging
- American: Antique
- Type: Chest
- Mid-late 20th century: Circa 1860-1885
- American folk art painted furniture: 19th c American folk art
- Dimensions:: 19" Height x 14" Width x 8 ½" Depth
- Weight:: 11 lbs.
- Color: Ox blood red w/gold line
- Height: 19" in Height
- Time Period Manufactured: 1800-1899